Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hawaiian Turkey Burgers from Six Sisters Stuff

These turkey burgers are amaaazing! We love them. I'll write what I did differently in parentheses in the recipe!  I also double the entire recipe and it makes about 9 burgers.



Hawaiian Turkey Burgers Recipe:
(Makes 4 burgers)
Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (the seasoned bread crumbs is what I use)
1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced (I use red or yellow or orange. no likey green)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 small can pineapple slices, reserve juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 slices Swiss cheese
Teriyaki Sauce (I use Kikkoman)
Light mayonnaise
Hamburger buns

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, pepper, onion, ginger, 1/4 cup reserved juice from pineapple and salt.  Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal parts and form into patties.  (We broil these for about 10 minutes on the first side and 6 minutes on the other side. Just keep checking and when it's looking slightly brown and crispy on the edges, that's how I like them!)  Grill, broil or cook in a frying pan over medium until cooked through.  The last few minutes of cooking, place pineapple over heat to grill (or microwave, or just don't warm the pineapple if you're lazy like me).  Place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each patty when warm.  Spread Teriyaki sauce and light mayonnaise on buns and top with burgers and pineapple.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment