Friday, December 31, 2010

Artichoke Bruschetta

I made this with the stuffed pepper recipe. Delicious! A very interesting and yet wonderful combination, with marinated artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. Just try it once, I think you'll like it (unless you're Megan's kids.... sorry Megan, but I don't think they'll like the artichokes, but you and Brooks will!). Again, my revisions to the recipe are in italics.



Ingredients

  • 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (make sure they're marinated, and I used THREE jars for one big loaf of french bread)
  • 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese (I didn't have Romano, I used Parmesan, still really good!)
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion (um, nope, didn't have this either, so I didn't use it...)
  • 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used only ONE tablespoon, and it was perfect. Five is way too much)
  • 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
  • I also sprinkled them with some garlic powder, for a little more flavorful kick

Directions

 **** Important Tip: After slicing the bread, place on a cookie sheet alone and broil for 1-2 minutes. This will keep the bread crunchy and not soggy when it broils with the artichoke mixture on it*****

  1. Preheat the broiler.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano cheese, red onion and mayonnaise. Top French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. (I put more Parmesan cheese on top too)
  3. Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment