Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Homemade Granola Bars

I do not claim this recipe as my own! I got this from this great vegan mothers' blog: www.greenshakesandgiggles.blogspot.com. I just loved this recipe and many of the other recipes on her blog!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat flour
2/3 cups GrapeNuts cereal
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I use about 1 T.)
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup applesauce 
1/4 cup honey
3 T. brown sugar
2 T. grapeseed or coconut oil (or regular olive oil)
1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds 
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


I also added in:
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2- 1 cup peanut butter


Directions:

Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with tin foil (I like to double the recipe and use a cookie sheet for baking). Spray with cooking spray. 
In large bowl, stir oats, flour, cereal and cinnamon. Add egg, applesauce, honey, brown sugar, and oil. Mix well. Stir in sunflower seeds, walnuts, fruit, coconut, and anything else you can think of (we're trying to keep these semi-healthy!). Spread in pan, press down with fingers. Bake at 375* for 30 minutes (I baked them for 20 minutes). 

These can be frozen in ziploc bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment